Early Years Education: A Way to Evolve Your Child
It is a well known fact that the brain development of little ones is greatly affected by early education. Children are best in learning when they are not pushed too hard and have space for creativity. Around 1000 neural connections are formed each second in the infant’s brain and by the time the child turns 3, his or her ability to speak, learn, and reason are well developed. And that’s why many parents consider the preschool and resort to spending more time with their children in order to teach them the things they feel they need to learn. This has been proved very helpful for a child’s higher education.
What is Early Education?
If we talk about around a decade or two ago, the concept of early childhood education for our little ones was not that much renowned. However, now, the concept of early childhood education and learning is being emphasized. Basically, early childhood education is for the children between the ages of three and five. In common terms, it is referred to as preschool, pre-kindergarten, daycare, nursery school or simply early education. Although the names are different, the objective and purpose is the same – to prepare children for elementary school.
So why is early year’s education so important? Can learning while still ‘in the cradle’ is beneficial for the growth and development of a child?
Benefits of Early Education:
The mind of the little one is like a sponge. It has the potential to absorb a great deal of information. There are many aspects related to early childhood education, such as:
- Cooperation: During the early education phase, children learn many things, such as sharing, cooperating, taking turns, and so on. As these are all part of a secure social life, this is beneficial for child who is not familiar in sharing things. In the safe environment provided, the little one will learn to cooperate with guidance from professionals.
- Enthusiasm for Lifelong Learning: Children will develop the idea of learning if they are taught through fun and exciting activities. This eagerness and enthusiasm for learning will remain with them their entire lives!
- Value of Education: The new environment provided in the preschool gives children an entirely different perspective on the requirement of education. Grasping knowledge and applying them to their lives demonstrates the value of education.
- Respect: The environment in the preschool helps the children to understand that the concept of respect is not just limited to people and belongings, but also to their environment.
- Teamwork: In the preschool, many activities are focused on the teamwork and help the children to improve their attitude towards working as a team and understanding its concept. All these qualities should be taught at a young age.
- Concentration: The involvement in preschool activities demands good concentration from a child. The repetitive occurrence of the activities helps them to enhance their concentration levels.
- Patience: In life, patience is often tested and that’s why children should be trained to deal with such situations for the future. Experiences such as sharing the attention of the teacher, waiting for their turn, and many more will help children to develop patience.
- Confidence and Self Esteem: A sense of wellbeing is important for a person to explore their talents. The positive interactions with peers and teachers encourage a positive view of themselves.
- Brain Development: Professionally crafted activities in preschool enhance the development of the brain. Various activities involving analyzing and logical reasoning help them to develop their skills.
Learning made fun
Now, the question is can we integrate learning into fun methods that encourage children to learn by having fun? Can the traditional methods of teaching be replaced with new age exciting tools that allow children to explore the curiosity?
The answer is yes! According to the various researches, learning through play is stimulating and keeps the child engaged and connected for longer periods of time. Children can learn through their senses and by watching and copying people whom they are close to. From building simple and colorful blocks that help in developing the logic to dancing and running enhances the coordination and flexibility, the activities that we can keep our little ones engaged in are numerous and so widespread that picking the right one for your child can be quite a task!
Learning is evolving: Early Years Education
In today’s fast-paced world, where technology and modes of learning are changing consistently, it is important for us to understand if there is a right way for parenting in the digital age. It is the early year’s education of a child that determines the path that needs to be taken to grow.
In short, ECE or Early Childhood Education is a stream of education that relates to the formal and informal teaching of children from birth up to the age of eight. It can influence the mental, emotional and physical development of a child as well. Hence in order to increase the quality of the education of your child, you need to ensure early childhood education. So always make sure that they start off early so it doesn’t become a problem in the future.